Monday, May 25, 2009

Is this fatal mistake limiting your results?

Hey guys,

This week I’m going to talk about one of the biggest causes of failure in most hardgainers. Read carefully because if you want to learn how to gain weight fast, you can't afford to make this same mistake. It wastes so much unnecessary time and effort that you wouldn’t believe.

There’s a guy that comes to my local gym. I notice him all of the time because every time I go to the gym, no matter what time of the day, he’ll be there. Nice guy, very talkative and friendly.

“Man,” I said to him one day in between one of his sets of curls, “I don’t see a mattress or any blankets anywhere.” He looked confused. I returned the look. “You mean you don’t live here?”

He laughed so loud even the guy with the blasting headphones looked up. “No, but I guess I do spend a lot of time here.” I was about to reply that he’s probably got more hours on the clock then the manager, but I thought about his laugh.

“How many hours a day do you train?” I asked.

“Oh I don’t know, it ranges from two to three hours a day, depending on my energy. Sometimes I’ll come back later in the night if I’m bored.” He gave me a wry grin, looked around, and said, “gotta build up those muscles, the girls love em!”

He then started another set of curls. I think he was on his tenth set. I waited until he was done before I asked him the next question.

“Do you think that works? I mean, training so much? Don’t you think you’re over-training?” I asked.

“I’d rather over-train then under train, man. I want to get big as fast as possible, that’s why I train so much.” He looked around again with that wicked grin, “summertime’s almost here and I gotta look good for the chicks, man!”

By looking at his physique, I couldn’t understand the logic.

Too many trainees make the fatal mistake of training too much. They think the longer you train and the more often, the bigger muscles you’ll get.

Even if you want to build up muscle endurance, weight training for three hours isn’t necessary. But for hardgainers who are want to learn how to gain weight fast, it can detrimental.

If you want to learn to speak Spanish, spend as much time as you want working at it. If you want to read faster, read as much and as often as you can. But if you want to gain weight and muscle mass, LESS is more.

Here is a rule of thumb: You should NEVER train longer then an hour and a half a day if you are trying to gain weight and muscle mass. Anything longer is actually counterproductive, you might even lose weight.

Instead of doing a bunch of different exercises for dozens of sets five or six days a week, you’ll get much better results if you spend just an hour, that’s all it takes and sometimes even less, three days a week working on just a handful of compound exercises.

Work on them hard, obviously, and make your main focus on getting stronger.

Don’t get all caught up in the bodybuilding industry these days. 99% of the information in magazines won’t be of any use to a hardgainer, and may even hurt your training results.

In fact, if you haven’t noticed yet, 99% of the content in magazines isn’t even information, but instead full of advertisements and endorsements.

Back to the point.

Like I said earlier, one of the major causes of failures in hardgainers these days is over-training. They spend too much time in the gym when they don’t have to, when they’d be better off if they didn’t. When trying to learn how to gain weight fast it is actually much simpler then most people believe.

Short, highly intense, heavy, abbreviated workouts are they key here. These will produce much better results in much less time.

If you are the really dedicated type of trainer and you might have fallen victim to this mistake, this will sound like music to your ears. You no longer have to train for hours and hours week after week. You’re done.

No more three hour workouts.

No more slaving away at a bunch of different exercises for dozens of reps.

No more spending half your life in the gym!

Now don’t get me wrong. I love working out, and if you’re reading this, you probably do to. But training for hours a day will only HURT your progress if you are a true hardgainer. One hour a day for three days a week is all you need.

I’ll talk to you again soon,

Your Friend,

Derek Manuel
How to Gain Weight Fast





No comments: